Medicare was designed to provide healthcare to a specific population at a time when many of the elderly seemed unable to afford healthcare.
Based on your understanding of the topic, answer the following:
Does the above statement remain true today, especially with many people staying in the workplace long after what was previously considered the retirement age? Why or why not?
Should Medicare be expanded to include not just older Americans and those with certain disabilities, but other people as well? Discuss.
Some contend the creation of Medicare was part of a long struggle toward nationalized healthcare insurance. Medicare is now such a large program and it has an immense impact on the rest of the industry.
Has the implementation of Medicare actually forwarded the cause for national health insurance or impeded its progress? Discuss.
Explain the political and administrative issues possibly playing a part in this respect?
Reimbursement of Medicare has had a dramatic effect on both the acute and long-term care of the healthcare industries.
How has the change to the PPS for hospitals in the early 1980s and the change to PPS in the late 1990s had such a dramatic effect on the healthcare industry?
Discuss issues of Medicare that are fraud and abuse. How has the government’s effort to curb abuse shaped the Medicare policies and regulations?
community health nursing
Visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s MyEnvironment site at http://www.epa.gov/myenvironment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and enter your city and state, ZIP code, or location into the location box. Explore the site to learn more about your environment and things that might be impacting the health of its citizens.
• Identify something new you learned about your environment and how it could be affecting health by completing this statement: “I didn’t know _____.”
• How could you, in the role of a community health nurse, address these concerns?
Optional: For more environmental health information, you can also visit the following websites.
• Environmental health tracking: http://ephtracking.cdc.gov/InfoByLocation/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
• Air quality: http://www.airnow.gov/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
• Toxic release inventory: http://www.epa.gov/toxics-release-inventory-tri-program (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
• Review the Statistics and Data Analysis for Nursing Research chapters that you read as a part of the Week 7 Learning Resources. As you do so, pay close attention to the examples presented—they provide information that will be useful for you to recall when completing the software exercises. You may also wish to review the Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice video resources.
• Refer to the Week 7 Linear Regression Exercises page and follow the directions to calculate linear regression information using the Polit2SetA.sav data set.
• Compare your data output against the tables presented on the Week 7 Linear Regression Exercises SPSS Output document.
• Formulate an initial interpretation of the meaning or implication of your calculations.
Read the article: Issues of Accreditation: A Dean’s Perspective..
2.Answer the following questions after reading the article:
a.Why do we need accreditation for nursing schools?.
b.What does an accreditation agency look for when they review a school?.
c.What are the quality criteria that they are looking for when they review a school?.
d.The current accreditation agencies are classified as quasi-governmental meaning that they act like a governmental group, in a sense, but they are not an official governmental agency. Explain what is meant by a quasi-governmental agency? (You may need to look further than the article to answer this question).. .
Reflect on a Pregnant patient who presented with a Gastrointestinal disorder such as:
Nausea & Vomit during your Practicum Experience.
1. Describe the patient’s personal and medical history,
2. Drug therapy and
3. Treatments, and
4. follow-up care.
5. Then, explain how the patient’s gender might have impacted or influenced her care.
Locate and select a research article that addresses current best practices for assessing and managing NAUSEA & VOMIT DURING PREGNANCY.
Write an 800- to 1,000-word paper in which you discuss the value of ratio analysis in decision making for heath care organizations.
Complete the following in your paper:
• Include at least two ratios from each major group from the financial statements from your company or a health care company you select.
• Provide examples with calculations, and evaluate the meaning of the results related to the financial health of the organization.
• Explain the factors that affect the results.