Search on the Internet or in the Capella library and find an article about a specific genetically modified organism. Following is a short list of genetically modified items to get you started but you are welcome to choose topics outside of this list:
- Canola oil.
- Animal feed.
- Golden rice.
- Sugar beets.
- Growth hormones.
- Follicle stimulating hormone.
Read the article and write a summary of its contents and explain why you chose it. Include the following in your summary:
- Identify the article you read, providing a reference citation in APA format.
- Highlight the main points presented in the article. What message is the author trying to communicate?
- Explain the gene of interest, name the organism into which it is inserted, and describe the intended result.
- Discuss the pros and cons of this technology.
- Discuss what other sources of information say about the same concepts presented in the article. Are there discrepancies between the information in the article and that from other sources?