benefiting the pubic good
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2 (Magstadt, T. M. (2017). Understanding politics: Ideas, institutions, and issues. Australia: Cengage Learning.)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
One role of government is to ensure that policies benefit the people within their jurisdiction.
- For local governments, it would be the townspeople or city dwellers.
- For the state governments, it would be the people living within the state.
- For the federal government, it would be everyone within the borders of the country.
Using an ideology discussed in the textbook, construct an argument explaining how this ideology upholds the public good by examining power, order, and justice.
Select an ideology discussed in the textbook. In an essay, examine how power, order, and justice as it relates to the ideology you choose promotes the public good.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and textbook/lesson)