behavioral social cognitive approaches
Write a 1,050 to 1,500 paper analyzing the formation of habits using behavioral and social-cognitive approaches (in this paper, you can use the first person word “I,” but do not use the word “you.”). Your paper should cover the following areas:
- Analyze one of your current habits that you would like to change. How did you develop this habit? Were there role models for this habit? Which people influenced the adoption of this habit?
- Why do you continue it? Has there been a time when you have attempted to break this habit?
- Use the behavioral/reinforcement personality theory to explain why you have this habit.
- Describe components of social-cognitive theory that explain why the habit formed.
- Develop a 3-step plan that applies operant conditioning to change this habit (must include reinforcement for each step). Example:
- Behavior Reinforcement
- Walk around the block three times a week Treat myself to a facial
- Between the behavioral/reinforcement and social-cognitive theories, which one do you find best explains your personality?
Provide a minimum of 3 academic APA references with matching citations in the paper.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines, including an introduction and a summarizing conclusion.
************The habit I want to focus on is chewing on my nails. My mother chewed on hers, as do all my sisters. I have tried to stop but have not been successful.