assignment 4709022 2
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Be sure to download the companion resources using the link provided in the reading assignments.
- You will determine the funds received and use the text to column feature (concatenate, apply conditional formatting, sort and filter data).
- You will determine your analysis and use sorting and filtering data, conditional formatting, as well as subtotals.
- Open this Excel workbook titled “Fundraiser Receipt” and save the worksheet as “FirstInital_LastName_School expenses.xlsx.”
- Add a column to the right of the ”Last Name” column and name as “Full Name” Use the Concatenate function to join Last Name, First Name together.
- Click here for more information on how to use the concatenate function.
- Sort Columns C (C5:C25), using A–Z formatting.
- Using the Conditional Formatting, determine which students have provided over $50 for the fundraiser in both Funds Received and Funds Pending Column.
- The conditional formatting function allows you to apply different formatting options to data that meets certain conditions.
- Click here for more information on how to use the conditional formatting function.
- Highlight the entire data set (A1:E22), and apply a design to your data: In the Styles group, select Format as Table and use a dark formatting option.
- Apply the Total row from the Design tab, providing a Sum for the Funds Raised and Funds Pending.
- Add the Title “College Fundraiser Project” column by inserting blank lines. Change the font size of your spreadsheet data to 22, fill color with white background, darker 35%.
- Change the orientation to landscape.
- Name the worksheet “Fundraiser_Receipt_Solution.”
- Save the workbook. Close the workbook and then exit Excel. Submit your Excel spreadsheet.
Microsoft. (n.d.). Concatenate function. Retrieved from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/starter-help/concatenate-function-HP010342288.aspx?CTT=3
Microsoft. (n.d.). Quick start: Apply conditional formatting. Retrieved from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/quick-start-apply-conditional-formatting-HA010370614.aspx