assignment 2 week 10
Assignment 2: Choosing a Distributor
Due Week 10 and worth 230 points
Todayâ€™s hospitality managers have many options when choosing a purchasing distributor for their business. These distributors range from large distribution firms that carry anything a hospitality company needs to small niche suppliers that specialize in a specific category of products.
For this assignment, you will choose one (1) major food / equipment distributor from the list below and conduct an in-depth research study.
List of U.S. broadline food service distrubutors, select one (1):
- U.S. Food Service
- Performance Food Group
- Gordon Food Service
- Food Services America
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Choose one (1) distributor company and provide a brief overview including:
- a history of the company
- the geographical areas that they serve
- a high-level list of supplies they offer (by category)
- the main competitors
- Choose one (1) competitive distribution company and compare and contrast five (5) similar products (offered by both firms) in the areas of price, quality, and value. Create a table to represent the data.
- Provide an overview of this companyâ€™s payment policy including:
- the objective of payment policy
- the costs of paying early
- the costs of late payment
- the mechanics of bill paying
- Determine whether or not to choose this distributor as the main supplier for the restaurant chain you selected in Assignment 1. Explain the decision by discussing the following items:
- The impact of this distributorâ€™s purchasing policy on the supplier selection.
- This distributorâ€™s ranking based on the supplier selection criteria outlined in Chapter 12 of the Feinstein and Stafanelli textbook.
- The most important supplier selection criteria for this distributor.
- The comparison between this distributor and its competitors based on the most important selection criteria identified in number 4c.
- Use at least three (3) quality references.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page, the reference page and the appendix containing your food budget are not included in the required page length.