Assignment 2: Managing Competing Agendas (Must Be an Original…No plagerism)
Due Week 6 and worth 180 points
In this assignment, the public administrator expands on the selected issue challenges by assessing its impact within and outside of an agency.
Using the issue you selected from Assignment 1, write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you respond to the following questions:
- Evaluate an agency the issue impacts and assess the level of interdependence between planning, human resource management, and budgeting. Create a scenario in which you explain the overall manner in which these functions interact. Justify your response with examples. Note: Take the selected issue from Assignment #1 and discuss how each of these areas overall influence the good and bad in your issue within the agency.
- Based on your response to Question #1 regarding human resource management, construct two (2) competencies that public personnel managers need to possess in order to minimize the impact of the policy issue. Justify your response. Note: In this question, the student focuses directly on what competencies a personnel manager may need in order to address the policy issue.
- Based on your response to Question #1 regarding budgeting, take a position on whether the politics of budgeting will negatively or positively impacted outcomes on budget policy and formation overall. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: In this question, the student focuses on how and in what matter the agencies budget may influence the policy issue.
- Based on your response to Question #1 regarding planning, analyze the impact of political responsivenessand propose two (2) challenges that political responsiveness may present for management. Note: In this question, the student discuss how public administrators may respond to the issue and what challenges the issue presents to management.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental WebsitesWikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than â€œ.govâ€ do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assemble the concepts of planning, reengineering, implementation, and program evaluation essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Organize the concepts of public budgeting and policy formation essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Reconstruct historical trends related to public administration and its influence on managing public and nonprofit organizations.
- Organize the concepts of planning and human resource management essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about public administration using proper writing mechanics