assault city treatment
Assignment 2: RA 2: Assault in the City: Treatment
Click here to study a vignette.
On the basis of the vignette you read, respond to the following:
- Identify and discuss the differences between adult and juvenile correctional facilities. Explain with reasons and critique.
- Analyze the type of treatment provided to sex offenders in adult and juvenile correctional facilities. What are the success rates of these programs?
- Explain the process involved in assessing amenability to treatment and risk assessment.
- Identify and discuss the relevant issues the forensic psychology professional needs to address. How can he or she best address these issues?
- Discuss assessment instruments used to measure the psycholegal concepts involved in the decision process.
Use resources from professional literature to support your analysis. The professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov).
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
- By Monday, September 22, 2014, save your paper as M5_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit it to the M5 Assignment 2 RA 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Described your perceptions of the differences between adult and juvenile correctional facilities and provided reasons for your perceptions.||
|Described the types of treatment provided to sex offenders in adult and juvenile correctional facilities and critically analyzed the success rates of these programs.||
|Critically analyzed and explained the processes involved in assessing amenability to treatment and risk assessment.||
|Identified and explained the relevant issues the forensic psychology professional needs to address and critically analyzed how he or she can best address these issues.||
|Evaluated and explained the instruments used to measure the psycholegal concepts involved in the decision-making process for amenability to treatment and risk assessment.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||