Touchstone 2.2: Create an Annotated Bibliography
ASSIGNMENT: Using your research question, working thesis, and outline from Touchstone 1.2, create an annotated bibliography that provides a synopsis of your sources and an explanation of how you will use them.
In order to foster learning and growth, all essays you submit must be newly written specifically for this course. Any recycled work will be sent back with a 0, and you will be given one attempt to redo the Touchstone.
As this assignment builds on Touchstone 1.2: Write a Research Question, Thesis, and Outline, that Touchstone, as well as Touchstone 2.1, must be graded before you can submit your annotated bibliography.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Annotated Bibliography
Make sure to:
â’ Alphabetize the entries, according to APA style.
â’ Include the required bibliographic information in APA format for each entry.
â’ Include 3-4 sentences for each entry that provide a short summary of the source and how you plan to use it to support your argument.
â’ Include at least seven entries in your annotated bibliography, all of which must be credible, academic sources.
â’ Choose your own sources, but use no more than three websites (there is no limit on the number of online journals used).
â’ Thoroughly check the formatting requirements for the different source types.
â’ Indicate the required sources (book, peer-reviewed journal, newspaper/magazine, and credible website) by including the source type in parentheses after the relevant entry.
â’ Have you displayed a clear understanding of the research activities?
â’ Have you answered all reflection questions thoughtfully and included insights, observations, and/or examples in all responses?
â’ Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment?
B. Reflection Questions
DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions.
- Accurately recording bibliographic information is essential and saves you time, as you can transfer this information to the References page of your drafted essay. Each source entry should include a brief summary of the source as well as 3-4 sentences describing how you intend to use that source to build or support your argument. Discuss how your annotated bibliography meets these criteria. (2-3 sentences)
- Which strategies were most helpful for you when searching for credible sources? (2-3 sentences)
- What difficulties did you face while searching for credible sources? How did you overcome these difficulties? (2-3 sentences)
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
- Double-space the bibliography entries and use one-inch margins.
- Use a readable 12-point font.
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
- Submission must include your reflection questions.
- Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
- Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx.
- Your research question, thesis, and outline must be graded before your annotated bibliography will be accepted.