analyze the passage then formulate a preliminary thesis and lastly build an argument 1
- Times new roman 12 point font
- This is for the additional 4 pages
- Any summary or explication should be brief and likely confined to the introductory paragraph, in which you also name the texts and authors, ask your question, and present your claim.
- Use specific evidence (i.e., sentences, words, and phrases from the texts) to support your claim. The group presentation was a way for you to practice effective and correct use of quoted material. This paper should demonstrate your ability to do this on your own.
- This should be a conversation, not a one-side-at-a-time comparison. See the model on Blackboard, which outlines specific points of contrast and discusses both stories in each paragraph.
Although the structure and length of this paper will be different, all other items from the checklist for the first paper apply.
this is the link for the story called story of an hour https://archive.vcu.edu/english/engweb/webtexts/ho…
and you can pick the poem and article as long as they can all connect to the story in someway