American History Through Music: Woodstock 99 Limp Bizkit (Essay Sample)
Gimme Shelter – Altamont
The Last Waltz – The Band
Live at Pompei – Pink Floyd
Unplugged in New York – Nirvana
Stop Making Sense – Talking Heads
Awesome, I **** Shot That – Beastie Boys
The Grateful Dead Movie
Ziggy Stardust and the Spider from Mars – David Bowie
The Song Remains the Same – Led Zeppelin
Fade to Black – Jay Z
The Concert for NYC – 9/11 Benefit Concert
(Choose one from the above topics to watch) Then write an essay according to the following requirements
MIDTERM REPLACEMENT ASSIGNMENT!!!!
• At least 2 and a half pages in length, typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins top, bottom and sides
• Font: Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman 10 – 12 point size (no smaller, no larger)
WHAT DO I WRITE ?
You are required to attend one concert performance during the quarter and turn in a written review of the performance. (Remember you can and are encouraged to attend and enjoy more than just the one!). A “review” combines reporting with personal opinion. Please include in your review the following:
• Artist or group you are reviewing.
• What took place, when and where?
• What was performed.
• Share your reaction and opinion:
1. What did you like most and why?
2. What did you like almost as much and why?
3. What did you like least and why?
4. Include support for the performer(s) if you thought they did well.
5. Give suggestions for improvement if you thought the performers didn’t do as well as you thought they should of. Remember that amateurs, students, and professionals should not be judged by the same standards.
5. Give the reader or your paper good reasons for going (or not going) to the next such concert or event.
Try to include in your assessment of the concert some musical terms you have learned in this course such as; melody, rhythm, tempo, texture, harmony, consonance, dissonance and form. In the opening sentences or even in the title you might summarize the general experience. Avoid naming all of the titles of songs in this paragraph.
A “review” combines reporting with personal opinion. First describe what took place: who, what, where, when, why. Next give an interesting rundown of what was performed. Share your own reactions and opinions: what did you like, what did you not like, and why?
Reviews must be of a full-length concert (or opera, or musical). The concert does need to be one that you attend during this quarter.
Trouble! Try to write better because it is midterm
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Originally posted 2018-04-28 20:32:02.