algebra discussion board questions
Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Applications of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Task Background: Applications of linear equations are very important in real-world settings. For example, it is crucial for a company to know how much it can afford to pay out in wages to its employees and still make a profit selling a particular item.
Scenario: For your next project, your boss asks you to research an application of linear equations in a business setting and present your findings to the team. Do research using the Internet to find more information on 1 of the following topics:
- Market Equilibrium
- Break-even analysis
Part I: Primary Task Response
In 3 paragraphs, report your findings to your classmates by discussing the following:
- Provide a general overview of the topic. There is no need to go deep into the math; simply explain what the topic means in lay terms.
- Identify at least 2 ways the topic can be applied in business settings. Explain.
- Conclude your discussion by summarizing your key learning from researching the topic.
Part II: Responses to Other Students
Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 1-paragraph reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?