agent of socialization
Answer the following questions.
- What agent of socialization has had the most impact on you in your life? Why? Give examples. Use specific events or experiences in your life as examples.
Reflect on the movie above.
- Despite the severe damage that can be done to a child by lack of socialization and social interaction, do you think that given the right circumstances that a child like Genie can become a productive member of society? Explain your answer in detail.
Neglected children like Genie are found every day. Most have not been isolated for as long as Genie, but many have experienced a lack of socialization. Research similar stories of neglected children.
- Tell us about one story you found.
- How old was the child when they were found?
- Was there evidence of a lack of socialization (e.g. was the child locked in a closed, tied to a chair, kept in a room alone, tied to a bed)?
- How is the case similar to or different than Genie?
- Tell us if you think the child will recover from the neglect? Why or why not?
Your response should be a minimum of 500 words. Be sure to answer all parts of the question completely and include reference to the text and outside references. Please include a full bibliographical citations for outside references including the case your found.. Also, respond to at least 2 of your classmates postings with information or comments that add to the discussion or stimulate conversation.