8161 wk 5 discussion role of stakeholder engagement
As assessed in Week 3, a SWOT analysis can provide a variety of complex applications to the world of business strategic planning. From this examination, there are further revelations in connecting a SWOT analysis to stakeholder communication and engagement. With a comprehensive understanding of an organizationâ€™s existing relationship with stakeholders, strategic planning can facilitate effective decision making to benefit all involved parties.
To prepare for this Discussion, review the strategy practice case you analyzed in the Week 3 Discussion, â€œGetting the Most Out of a SWOT Analysis,â€ and the Mapping Stakeholder Influence figure provided on page 262 of Dyer, Godfrey, Jensen, and Bryce (2016). Be sure to also review the video â€œEffecting Change Through Active Engagement With Stakeholders,â€ provided in the weekâ€™s Required Media. Consider how you can leverage communication strategies to motivate the different stakeholder groups to engage in strategic change within an organization.
By Day 3
Post an analysis of the role of stakeholder engagement in strategic planning. Your analysis should include the following:
- A brief description of your chosen case, including context such as industry and stakeholder groups
- An analysis of one stakeholder group that you feel is more valuable in engaging toward the strategic plan. Be sure to answer the following with supportive examples:
- How does this stakeholder group impact the business?
- What motivates this stakeholder group to engage with the organization, and why is this motivation valuable for strategic planning?
- A detailed explanation of communication strategies that could engage this group of stakeholders effectively. Provide a rationale and supportive examples of how these strategies will engage and motivate change with the chosen stakeholder group.
Be sure to support your work with a minimum of two specific citations from this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and at least one additional scholarly source.