8 page educational essay
Locate and read 10 research articles from academic, peer-reviewed journals (written within the last 5 years). Each article must have middle school/preadolescent children as a major portion of the sample group. Therefore, articles which contain research on students outside of middle school (high school or elementary age) are not permitted . Review articles in their entirety from scholarly, educational sources, such as those from the Association of Middle Level Education, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), and the professional associations in the various education areas.
The following are NOT permitted: editorial journal articles, magazine or non-academic periodicals, newspaper articles, television broadcast transcripts, informational website pages, online educational news service articles, or educational newsletter articles.
Write a Literature Review based on the 10 articles (minimum) you have read. Include the following elements (your score will be based on your inclusion of each of the areas delineated):
- Organization and presentation of the material related to your chosen topic in a literature review format. Do NOT write this paper as a list of article summaries.
- Comparing and contrasting of the articles.
- Length of 8â€“10 pages (not including title page, abstract, or reference page), double-spaced.
- The following components must be present and correctly APA formatted:
- Title page
- Introduction â€“ with clear thesis statement
Â§Must follow literature review format with clear comparison and contrast between sources.
Â§Citations within document must follow current APA guidelines for direct quotations and for paraphrases/summaries.
Â§ALL data that is not from your own knowledge bank must be cited and referenced correctly. Failure to do so will result in a 0 for this assignment.
oConclusion that summarizes the Literature Review with suggestions for further study
Â§ALL references that are cited in the body must be listed in current APA format.