3 select any 2 of the prompts below and respond
1. Ariana and Misha looked at the music charts. Ariana compared herself to Adelle (Ariana thinks she is worse than Adelle), while Misha compared herself to Mariah (Misha thinks she is better than Mariah). Name and define the processes in which Ariana and Misha engaged, respectively. Describe Arianaâ€™s and Mishaâ€™s self-esteem before and after they make their comparisons. Assume that Ariana and Misha start out with the same level of self-esteem.
2. In a political pamphlet being handed out to students on campus, the writer is suggesting that capitalism is a product of the trades and activities of Islamic merchants. According to Weberâ€™s thesis that capitalism grew out of a belief system rooted in cultural ideas of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, do you agree or disagree with the pamphlet? Why or why not?
3. Jessica and Jonathan are best friends. Jessica is very individualistic, while Jonathan is very collectivistic. Based on research regarding primary and secondary control, describe the relationship between the amount of anxiety they would feel based on how much personal control they have in any given situation.
4. Your schoolâ€™s counseling department emphasizes the importance of convincing people to gain control by asserting themselves in their environment. Regardless of oneâ€™s cultural background, everyone feels a greater sense of power when changing the environment to suit himself or herself. Based on empirical research, do you agree with your counseling departmentâ€™s perspective? Why or why not?
5. Xiao Mao is an interdependent Chinese-American child in elementary school, and Kitty is an independent Canadian child. They are in the mall with their fathers picking out board games as presents. How would their motivations to play the board games compare if they chose the games themselves versus if their fathers chose the games for them?.